PACKING FOR BUDAPEST




So earlier this month I headed to Budapest for a few days with one of my oldest friends and sister, as I decided I wanted to see more places before I move to Australia later on this year. I thought I'd just give you a little look into what I packed, even though I did take a few outfit posts but I love a good flat lay.

With it being a very quick trip with only 2 full days to look around and explore the city, we packed very lightly and luckily with it being hot in Budapest this time of year it made taking only hand luggage that bit easier. It was A LOT of walking so I wanted to be as comfortable as possible, even though I did pick 2 new pairs of shoes and they always seem to rub so it probably wasn't the best idea but I couldn't resist and I had my reliable Stan Smiths which I ended up wearing the second day we walked around after my leopard espadrilles rubbed hell'a lot on the first day.
 I packed very casually also but knowing we'd be going out some nights I though this cute midi skirt with a front slit would be a nice dressier piece, but with my feet pretty cut up from the first day I made it casual again with my Stans.
 Obviously I had jeans packed with me, mainly for the travelling as it was so much hotter than expected so I didn't need them at all while there but I had my trusty Topshop Jamie jeans and I packed my 28L pair (yes I own 28L, 30L and 32L) just so they were that bit shorter as I call them my summer jeans and like a true English citizen I had to wear sandals home.

THE EXTRA BITS

A few extra bits I packed was of course my All Saints leather jacket which I wear with EVERYTHING and it was perfect for the evenings out when it was bit cooler as well as of course coming from England, we always need some kind of layer. I also packed this cardigan that I've had for years for the plane as they can be a bit chilly and I like to stay cosy, so I just chucked this over me on the journey. Lastly I was the 'bag lady' for my sister and I so I just took my Urban Outfitters shoulder bag which I use day in, day out.

I've got a little Budapest series coming up on the blog and I can't promise it'll be frequent but I have a few outfit posts, a little one about the Air Bnb we stayed in, as well as the places we visited and also ate so I hope thats all okay with you guys and that you enjoy seeing what I got up too and hopefully if you're thinking of going at some point it will help with your trip too :)



6 comments :

  1. I love the leather jacket, I need this exact one in my life! Great post!

    http://lizalauf.blogspot.ru/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm literally in love with mine, such a great investment piece, All Saints Balfern ;) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely little post I also blogged about packing for Milan earlier this month it can be so tricky knowing what to take on a city break ! I can't wait to see the rest of your posts as Budapest is somewhere I'm really keen to go to ! :) x

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Oh I will have to have a look at it and it really is! Never know if you're packing too beach-y or even for the right weather haha. It's such a great place to visit really recommend! x

      Delete
  3. Love all these outfits and they seem so perfect for a city get away!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they did work really well thankfully haha x

      Delete